Steps To Drape A Silk Saree Perfectly
Wearing Silk saree is the easiest way out of your daily boring cotton saree routine. It is nothing over the top, yet brings a whole new level of classy vibe all around. The silk saree can be difficult to walk around in owing to its smooth texture, but there is absolutely nothing Indian women can’t conquer. All most maximum number of the women in India wear silk sarees.
There are so many styles of wearing the sarees but in that south Indian wearing style is so beautiful than other styles. The beauty of women appears based on the how they wear saree. Some short height and bubbly ladies will look like slim and tall if they wear silk sari neatly and properly. So wearing silk saree is very important aspect for women.
If you aren’t really aware of ways to transform your silk saree from becoming a boring outfit to a classy ethnic attire, this article will show you what you’re missing out on. The easiest method to drape around a silk saree and not make a fool of yourself or look like a bandaged mummy is below. Own the day by mastering how to wear a silk saree and stand out in the crowd.
Step By Steps Process For How To Wear A Silk Saree Easily
Getting Basics Right
- Wear a petticoat, preferably cotton.
- Entirely avoid satin.
- You do not want the saree and the in skirt to both keep slipping away and go out of hand.
- Chances of wardrobe malfunction are subtly high
- Coming to the point, make sure that the petticoat you put on is tight enough to be tucked but not too loose.
- To check, insert two fingers through the space between your navel and the petticoat.
- If it is too easy to slid the fingers, tighten the petticoat slightly, if fingers don’t go in at all, loosen up, else you’re good to go.
Put on your blouse and then proceed to the next step.
- Start with the plain end of your saree and tuck it in from the center until you make a whole circle and cover the petticoat entirely with the saree cloth.
- Now, make a few pleats as you hold the ones made firmly. Tuck in the pleats towards the right side, just below your belly button.
- Keep the process on and tuck the sari edge finally when done into the petticoat.
- Repeat cycle and since most silk sarees have decorative hems, make sure when you’re tucking in the pleats, the hem is facing outwards, and don’t pull the saree too high up the ground, since that makes it less appealing to the eye.
- If you plan on wearing heels, do put them on when you are adjusting the length of the saree.
- It is easier to wear silk sarees that way.
- Nobody wants to fall face down to the ground when wearing a gorgeous looking saree.
Getting The Pallu Right
- Grab on the decorated end of the saree you are wearing- it goes by the name of ‘pallu’ or ‘aanchal’ as you know it.
- Grab the pallu and put it under your right arms and bring it towards your left shoulder.
Pinning It Up
- Pleat the pallu neatly and make sure the ironing of the silk saree isn’t disturbed.
- Pin up the pleats on your blouse on your left shoulder and keep fixing the pleats so there is absolutely no space for imperfection in your look.
- The final step is to cover your chest area and stomach with the pinned pleats neatly.
- Again, the point to make sure of here would be to take care of the decorative border.
- The border should be visible when you are done with the saree.
- So the pin up should be done in a fashion that it balances out both the covering bit as well as the flaunting of the design which makes you slim and tall.
It is as easy as day once you know how to manage your silk saree without it constantly needing your attention. You can garner all that praise without the slightest of effort and in minimal time. So, the next time you are invited to some place nice, don’t deck on your old jeans and top. Instead, surprise everyone with your newly learnt silk saree wearing style tricks and you will be pleased by the reaction you receive from their end!